Groningen is the cycling capital of the Netherlands – but understanding the rules of the road can be intimidating.
- need to learn more about Dutch cycling traffic rules
- want to explore the city by bike
- need to learn how to cycle
- want to help teach people how to cycle
Then come to the FietsFriend Festival! This fun day all about biking has a mix and match programme, so you can choose what you want to do!
10:15 – 11:15: at Spaak: cycling presentation and bike vocabulary at Spaak
11:30 – 14:00: At the Ossenmarkt: ongoing 1-on-1 lessons
11:30 – 12:00: Rules of the Road
12:00 – 12:30: break (lunch will not be provided, so please bring food for yourself!)
12:30 – 14:00: Rules of the Road
Please bring your own bike! We will have a few extra bikes on hand for beginners, but for Rules of the Road, you’ll need to have your own wheels.
You will receive a free cycling handbook and a bike keychain.
If you need to learn how to cycle, you are welcome to bring a friend if you need some extra support (or even translation help).
- If you don’t receive an email after registering for an event, please check your spam folder. If you cannot find an email confirmation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation: If you cannot attend an event you registered for, please notify us as soon as possible. IWCN Connect members can cancel event registrations in your account area, or by email to email@example.com
- If you encounter technical issues on our site, or if you did not receive a confirmation email after registering for an event, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. Please include whether you registered as a member or non-member, and which browser you used to register.