Book Club Groningen
Do you love escaping into rich fictional worlds? Are you a true page-turning reader? Are you an avid reader seeking a community of fellow book enthusiasts who share your passion for literature? Dive into new worlds with our book club! Our Groningen Book Club meets once a month and is a great way to connect over your love for reading or to get motivated to pick up reading as a hobby.
Here’s some more information:
– You must be a member of IWCN Connect to join the Book Club: https://iwcn.nl/memberships/, but there are no additional costs to joining the Book Club.
– The Book Club meets once a month at a member’s house. You are not obliged to host, but always welcome to do so.
– We usually choose the books for 3-4 months at a time. The books are chosen by voting on suggestions by the members. The books are fiction and must be available in English. You are however of course free to read the book in any language you wish.
– We try to ensure we have a mix of writers in terms of nationality, genre, topics covered and we also have at least one ‘classic’ each year.
– The discussions about the book are in English. Everybody is given a turn to talk about the book.
Next meetings and books planned for discussion:
- October – Tuesday 17. The book: The Memory Police by Yoko Ogawa
- November – Wednesday 15. The book Arthur & George by Julian Barnes
- December – Thursday 14 (only for the current members of the Book Club)
- January – TBA. The book: The covenant of water by Abraham Verghese