Feel free to contact us anytime

please call: +31 (0)50 367 71 97
or mail your question:

Inviting foreign visitors

You would like to invite a Non-EU person to visit you in the Netherlands for a maximum of 90 days and your visitor has a nationality that requires a visa to enter the Netherlands (see this link).

In order for your visitor to obtain a visa, there are specific conditions that apply to your visitor (see this link for the full list). One of these conditions is your visitor must have sufficient financial means for the stay in the Netherlands, the transit and/or the return trip.

If the visitor has at least € 34 per person per day for the duration of their stay (proven by showing bank statements), then this is considered sufficient funds.

If the visitor does not have sufficient funds, then you (or someone else who lives in the Netherlands) can sponsor them. The sponsor must prove that they have sufficient income. Sponsors must earn at least €1.594,20 per month (gross income excluding holiday allowance) and this income must still be available for at least 12 months.

To start the process, you should fill in the form “Proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation” (if you are the sponsor), but not yet sign it. The form offers 2 options; check one or both boxes as appropriate.
Part 3a: Private accommodation – the visitor is going to stay at your house.
Part 3b: Sponsorship – you are financially responsible for any possible costs that may arise from your visitor’s stay in the Netherlands.

Make an appointment at your local Municipality to have your signature witnessed by a Municipal representative and be prepared to pay a fee.

Send the signed and thus legalized document along with your proof of income to your visitor. Your visitor can take these to the Dutch embassy or consulate in their home country or country of residence and apply for a visa. The application for a short-stay visa also has a cost.

The decision time for the visa is 15 days. If positive, your visitor can collect the visa at the Dutch representation where they submitted the application. A short-stay visa is a type C visa. It is placed as a sticker in their passport.