Feel free to contact us anytime

please call: +31 (0)50 367 71 97
or mail your question:

Foreign self-employed permit holders can apply for support

Posted on: April 20, 2020

The Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment (SZW) and the Ministry of Justice and Security (J&V) have decided that foreign Self-employed permit holders can make use of the “Self-employment income support and loan scheme” (Tijdelijke overbruggingsregeling zelfstandig ondernemers; TOZO)  without having this influence their right of residence. Municipalities do not have to report this to the IND in these cases.

TOZO offers support for self-employed professionals such as sole proprietors, self-employed people with no employees (‘ZZPers’), partners in a general partnership or owners of a private limited company (‘DGAs’) who are experiencing financial difficulties due to the coronavirus crisis.

However, foreign Self-employed permit holders can not apply for welfare (algemene bijstand) as this would have consequences for their right of residence in the Netherlands. This ruling is unchanged.