Feel free to contact us anytime

please call: +31 (0)50 367 71 97
or mail your question:

Intra-Corporate Transferee

Intra-Corporate Transferees (ICTs) work for a company established outside the European Union (EU) and will be transferred to a branch in the Netherlands.​ ICTs need a residence permit for this.

Within the framework of intra EU-mobility, subject to certain conditions, ICTs can also be transferred to a branch of this company within another EU Member State, which has implemented Directive 2014/66/EU (Denmark and Ireland do not participate).

The employer of the ICT applies for a Single Permit. This is a permit that entitles the foreign national to stay and work in the Netherlands. The Single Permit combines the residence permit and the TWV. The employer only needs to apply for one permit, to one authority: the IND. The IND asks advice from the Netherlands Employees Insurance Agency (UWV) about the labor market aspect. The UWV assesses the request for advice based on the criteria of the Foreign Nationals Employment Act (Wav). The IND takes a decision on the basis of the advice of UWV. If the decision is positive and the Single Permit is issued, the IND will inform the employer accordingly.

The employer can choose to become a recognised sponsor. This is not obligatory. Recognition as sponsor has a number of advantages.

For more information, please visit the IND website.