Feel free to contact us anytime

please call: +31 (0)50 367 71 97
or mail your question:

Family Permits

Non-EU family members (spouses or children) of Dutch residence permit holders or EU citizens who want to live in the Netherlands for longer than 3 months must apply for a Dutch residence permit. Depending on the nationality of the family member, they may also require a visa (called MVV) to enter the Netherlands. The MVV application forms a part of the resident permit application.

You, as the sponsor of your family member, can submit the application and copies of the supporting documents to the IND by post (if your family member does not yet possess a residence permit) or online using your DigiD (if your family member wants to change their permit to a family permit). Your employer (if they are a recognized sponsor of the IND) can also submit the application online for your family members.

There are specific conditions that the family member must fulfill. You can read more about the process, conditions, and exceptions for Non-EU family members at this page and for Non-EU family members of EU citizens at this page on the IND website.

Please be aware that the IND has a legal decision time after receipt of the application of 90 days.