Feel free to contact us anytime

please call: +31 (0)50 367 71 97
or mail your question:

EU Document Legalization

You are required to bring certain documents with you to the Netherlands, including all relevant birth, marriage, divorce, adoption, or death certificates, in order to register with the municipality of the city in which you will reside in the Netherlands.

You should bring the original documents or official copies of these certificates that have been issued by the governmental authority in your county responsible for this task.

As of 16 Feb 2019, civil status documents (birth, marriage, divorce, adoption) issued by an EU member state will no longer require legalization (Apostille) for use in another EU state. They also will not require translation but the person must request a multilingual standard form which will be attached to the document. The multilingual standard form will mirror the contents of the public document and will include the headings of the public document in the official languages of the issuing EU country and of the receiving EU country. Please see this link for more information.